Friday 4 July 2014

A Letter to AUPE

We have been asked to post this letter to AUPE.  Perhaps with letters and messages like these being made publicly, AUPE will finally be forced to acknowledge them, and take responsibility for their picketer's behaviour.

Grotesque and Shameful Behavior

And we wonder why there is so much bullying in schools! What is actually more disgusting is that AUPE not only condones this behavior but promotes and facilitates it.

My son has MS and resides in Artspace. Without fail, every time I go to visit him I become ridden with anxiety. “I hope they aren’t there......I hope they aren’t there” is the mantra I chant as I approach. The moment you do approach they start to harass, heckle and insult you. When their attempts appear to fall on deaf ears (which really isn’t the case, I hear every word because they are yelling at me), they yell threats such as “wait till you try to back out of your parking stall!!” All of which are school yard bullying tactics! We have a zero tolerance in schools, why is not being enforced here?

I am gob smacked that in today’s society, this is allowed, encouraged, facilitated, promoted and ignored.  We turn our heads and pretend it’s not happening. Really, this is how we behave? It’s down right disgusting. I am embarrassed and ashamed of these people that masquerade as genuinely caring citizens.

I can only tolerate short visits with my son. We sit in his apartment with doors and windows closed. If we step out on the balcony you are peppered with more verbal abuse. The constant bullying is stressful and I don’t know how the residents have lasted this long. It is nothing short of torture!!

Signed

A Concerned Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment